- Approaching 50 Years: Title IX’s “Competitive Skill” Exception to the Prohibition on Single-sex Sports, 10 Mississippi Sports Law Review 153 (2021).
- Constitutional Landscaping: An Analysis of Occupational Regulations of Landscape Contractors in the United States, 58 South Texas Law Review 367 (2017).
- Exhuming the Privileges or Immunities Clause to Bury Rational-Basis Review, 60 Loyola Law Review 909 (2014).
- Utah must drop ban on boys in high school drill team, Salt Lake Tribune (March 15, 2023).
- High school harpists are not criminals, Pacific Legal Foundation (January 19, 2023).
- How a California tattoo artist beat public health officials who tried to deny her a permit, Foundation for Economic Education Stories (April 22, 2022).
- The University of Minnesota’s unlawful discrimination, National Review Online (December 10, 2021).
- The PRO Act’s “ABC test” fails American workers, The Hill (February 16, 2021).
- Planting flowers shouldn’t be treated as a crime, The Bulletin (Bend, OR) (September 4, 2020).
- California law unjustly and unconstitutionally restricts freelance journalists, The Hill (December 23, 2019).
- Indian Market’s exclusions are a pity, Albuquerque Journal (August 9, 2019).
- ‘Let them work’: Arizona bill to recognize out-of-state work licenses is welcome reform, Scottsdale Republic (March 1, 2019).
- Fight to keep boys off Minnesota dance teams is a losing battle, Minneapolis StarTribune (November 21, 2018).
- Bill to protect work licenses of student loan debtors is welcome development, The Hill (June 22, 2018).
- Bill to exclude American Indian artists is too restrictive, Columbia Missourian (March 15, 2018).
- Don’t punish people with delinquent student loans by revoking their work licenses, The Daily Signal (February 23, 2018).
- Licensing sign language interpreters is the wrong way to go for Idaho, Twin Falls Times-News (February 26, 2017).
- Supremacy Clause bars Oklahoma law, Journal Record (February 14, 2017).
- Time for North Dakota’s music therapy license to go, Grand Forks Herald (February 1, 2017).
- Time for North Dakota’s music therapy license to go, Fargo Forum (February 1, 2017).
- Why won’t Oklahoma let American Indian artists say they’re American Indian artists? Tulsa World (January 8, 2017).
- American Indian artist shows courage and principle, Indian Country Media Network (December 9, 2016).
- Under the Capitol dome, here’s how the connected get their way, The Patriot-News (March 24, 2016).
- Nevada’s anti-competitive laws hurt businesses, public, Reno Gazette Journal (January 13, 2016).
- Constitution protects us from “irrational” occupational licensing, Grand Forks Herald (January 9, 2016).
- The Constitution prohibits government’s “happy-talk” requirement for trademark registration, SCOTUSblog symposium on the Supreme Court’s ruling in Matal v. Tam (June 19, 2017).
- Commercial speech deserves constitutional protection, Sword & Scales, Pacific Legal Foundation (Fall 2018).